aStore

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Why Write?

I am currently reading APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur by Kawasaki and Welch (really good tips by the way, I'm enjoying it).  One of the questions posed is WHY, as an aspiring author, we we want to write a book, and what we hope the book will offer when it is done.

I did not even have to think to answer that question.  I love scientific discovery, researching and pondering science questions and have a vivid imagination! I have been an avid science fiction and horror reader since I was a kid, I devour scientific magazines, blogs and articles regularly and wanted to direct all that learning in a creative way. 

My full time job (yes, this is a side gig!) is fulfilling in other ways, but provides me no reason to learn about genetic engineering, climate control, hologram computers, and other futuristic science and technology. I am not looking to replace one career with the other, just to have an enjoyable outlet for the latter.  And hopefully, along the way, I'll share some ideas and stories that others find cool and enjoy reading as much as I enjoy so many authors books today.

Some of my favorite authors of all time that inspired me to write:  




No comments:

Post a Comment